Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Summer Activities

So I've realized that this summer may not end up being my most social summer, so I've been looking around for other activities. Here are a few I've found:

1) Working out. I've committed myself to becoming a gym rat. I wake up pretty early these days (though that is becoming less and less true every day, fortunately), so I can go before work. I've also, as of yesterday, decided to get a personal trainer a couple times a week to really figure out what the hell I'm doing in there and how to properly bulk up. He told me I should be working out every day. Two days are "light" days, where all I will do is core exercises. Sounds intense, but I have the free time and I have the desire. My first meeting with him is at 6pm today. He also told me I'm going to need to eat a lot more, so that may be an activity in and of itself.
I started writing this post in the morning and then realized I had to go to work. I just worked out with the guy -- his name's Jason -- and it was a pretty good workout. I just came back and ate ~90g protein (according to the nutrition labels). Not the hardest workout I've ever had, but it was pretty good. I work out again tomorrow morning at 7:15 am. Gonna be a good day.
2) Meetup.com. Meetup is a great place to find like-minded people: someone at Washington Sq. Park recommended it to me. I've signed up for a few groups, and the first meeting is today (though unfortunately right at 6:45, when my training session ends, so I'm going to have to cancel or be late). I've signed up for 4 or 5 groups, which I listed in my first post. So go back and re-read, (as frat bro Daniel Mandel calls wonderful people like you) faithful reader.
3) Seeing relatives. I enjoyed my time with Josh and Cristina the other night. I'm seeing Gladys tomorrow night. I want to see Noah, Leila, Ruth, and Herb some more -- well, Ruth at all. I hope she's doing well (to my non-family members, my aunt Ruth had an emergency surgery about a week ago, and she seems to be recovering well).
4) Getting to know Boris. He's a really cool guy, and he's very introspective. He's got a great work ethic, which I want to be able to model, and I want to figure out how he approaches issues analytically because he seems to do so very well. I think he has a lot to teach me. Hopefully I can figure out something I can teach back.

That's all for now. Hope more than just Mom is reading this. If not, hi Ma. Or rather, bye for now, Ma.

1 comment:

Heartbreak Heroine said...

I read it! Do you have an address? I found something I want to send to you before I come up.