Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Brokeback Brooklyn

So I've pretty much destroyed my back, probably from exercise. Yesterday, after trying to rest it, my back just gave up. At work I could hardly move around. Then I got home and it got worse. Saw a doctor who gave me prescription Aleve (same active ingredient), but that didn't work. This morning I went back and got more meds and an x-ray (I get the results back tomorrow). My coworker Sabrina has been wonderful -- her dad's a pain doctor (rated #1 in NYC!), and he got me these great local anesthetic patches. She dropped them off for me today as I didn't go into work, but I plan to go back tomorrow. Boris has been helpful too. He's helped me every step of the way -- pulling me up when I couldn't stand, helping me pick up things, etc. He's been awesome.
The first doctor I went to last night, I waited 2 hours and was seen for 5 min and left with an ineffective prescription. The second one, I got a more thorough exam, better meds, and an x-ray. She was quite helpful, but again being first when it opened up, I waited for over an hour. Moral of the story? Don't get hurt in Brooklyn.
I'm in the process of planning a dinner party with my friend Roxanne. She's really into it, and she's getting me pretty excited about it. It's fun! We're inviting 16 others over, and hoping for around a 15 person party (including the two of us). So all's relatively well, outside of my (now improving probably due to the massive meds) back.

1 comment:

Heartbreak Heroine said...

Ay que mi! Pobrecito! Do you still want me to come on Saturday? I am going to buy my tickets at the station, so just call me or text me before Saturday morning at 6am (when I will be getting up to go to the station to catch the 7:05 train to NYC to be there by 8:30ish...though I might take a later train if you'd prefer not to have to deal with my chipper self that early) and let me know how you're doing, love. I'd hate to be a burden if you are not feeling so well, though I can push you around in a shopping cart if you want. My homeless friend Carl lives near the South Street Seaport. He said I could borrow his shopping cart. Feel better.